From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: vmplayer
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:41:08
1 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk> posted
2 1149249501.9975.2.camel@××××××××××××.homenetwork, excerpted below, on
3 Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:58:21 +0000:
4
5 > I tried this, it installed ok. But when I try and start I get
6 > '/usr/bin/vmplayer: line 85: /etc/vmware/locations: Permission denied
7 > /usr/bin/vmplayer: line 177: /lib/wrapper-gtk24.sh: No such file or
8 > directory
9 > /usr/bin/vmplayer: line 177: exec: /lib/wrapper-gtk24.sh: cannot
10 > execute: No such file or directory'
11
12 I couldn't run that as it's not freedomware and I won't install
13 slaveryware. Thus, the following is without any direct experience
14 with the program. However...
15
16 I don't see you mention having anything for it to play. Perhaps you just
17 considered it obvious enough not to mention, but vmplayer implies that it
18 plays prerecorded sessions (created by the full program, which is NOT
19 free-as-in-cost, tho I understand a trialware version is available). If
20 you don't have any of those to play, or if the user you run vmplayer as
21 can't access the place where the list is stored (/etc/vmware/locations
22 from the error given) so it can't find them, naturally you'll get an error
23 when it tries to play something it can't find.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list