From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] laptop just shuts completely off when compiling
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:39:47
1 On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 16:43 -0600, Cermelo Woodgett wrote:
4 > Whenever I emerge something my laptop just shuts completely off with
5 > no
6 > warning. I have a HP L2000 with Turion64, 512 MB of RAM. I'm running
7 > 2006.1, AMD64. Has anyone else had any related issues. I'm thinking
8 > it
9 > has something to do with overheating but I'm not sure.
10
11 Mine does that if I don't open it up and blow it out every few months..
12 Mines a real amd64, not a mobile. Same problem though. To check, as soon
13 as it powers of, power it back on and go into the BIOS and check the
14 temperatures (well, I hope they're listed there).
17 Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list