From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Firefox package problem
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:48:51
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I updated to FF 3.0.10 yesterday and didn't see any problems on the
3 > compile. However, I've noticed that certain sites don't display text
4 > properly, it just shows strange characters.
5 >
6 > I've seen that problem before and re-emerge FF. But, on the re-emerge I
7 > saw this in my terminal:
8 >
9 > Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
10 > bin/greprefs/all.js (packages-static, 291).
11 > Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
12 > bin/greprefs/security-prefs.js (packages-static, 292).
13 > Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
14 > bin/greprefs/xpinstall.js (packages-static, 293).
17 > I'm not sure what to do about this, as the compile of FF didn't take
18 > long at all when it usually takes several minutes on my laptop. Any ideas?
19
20 Have you tried "View->Character Encoding->Auto-Detect->Universal"?
21
22 Also, if the "xulrunner" USE flag is enabled (it's recommended), then
23 Firefox compiles very fast since the majority of the code is in
24 xulrunner, not Firefox.