From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] XMMS and Mplayer
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:02:22
1 On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:30:41 -0700
2 "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On 10/24/06, Mauro Maroni <mmaroni@××××××.ar> wrote:
4 > > On Tuesday 24 October 2006 14:52, Rodrigo Gnoatto Amaral wrote:
5 > > > Xmms was Hard Masked.
6 > > > It's being removed from the portage tree.
7 > > > Gentoo people suggested to use Audacious instead.
8 > >
9 > > Does anyone know if audacious is able to open cue sheets?
10 > > I have a lot of CDs in single flac files.
11 > > Any other player capable of that?
14 > Amarok apparently has this ability, although I've never used it (cue
15 > sheets that is, I love amarok long time!).
18 I couldn't figure out how to use cue sheets in Amarok, but that could
19 just be me.
20
21 If you emerge media-plugins/audacious-plugins, that includes a
22 "Cuesheet Container Plugin" for audacious (which seems to be the
23 closest to xmms of the replacements), but it seems to be pretty
24 rudimentary - it loads up the different tracks, but the seek-bar goes
25 through the entire file, not the individual track. Also, it only seems
26 to work w/ external cue sheets, not the cue sheet metadata block in
27 FLAC files.
28
29 LAMIP <http://lamip.sf.net> looks promising w/ regards to cue sheet
30 support, but is still in somewhat early development.
33 Conway S. Smith