From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 3200+ -> X2 4000+
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:25:57
1 On Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007, Fernando Boaglio wrote:
2 > Thanks a lot guys, I love this place, I always learn something new =)
3 >
4 > Anyway, switching only the processor : 3200+ to X2 4000 and keeping
5 > the same machine (Asus A8V Deluxe + HD IDE 2x80Gb + 2Gb RAM + GeForce
6 > 7600GS) how much improvement should I expect ?
7
8 the biggest improvement will be 'snappiness' of the desktop. If you ever had a
9 multicore/multicpu desktop you never want to go back. It is just amazing.
10
11 Everything multi-threaded will be faster too - but it completly depends on the
12 app. Some almost double their speed, while others show as much as no
13 improvement.
16 > I'm a developer, I keep running databases, IDEs like Eclipse, P2P
17 > tools (Azureus, amule) , aMSN and watching my favorite series with
18 > kplayer, like Lost, Supernatural,The 4400 :P
19
20 watching a video while compiling something will be much more pleasant ;)
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list