From: Simon Stelling <blubb@×××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] What happened to Simon Stelling (blubb)?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:32:34
1 (Replying to the whole thread instead of each single mail)
2
3 Am I on TV now?
4
5 Seriously, it's amusing to find a whole thread about me just the moment
6 I wanted to unsubscribe from the list. I guess I have to wait a bit with
7 that :)
8
9 So, to answer the questions thrown up:
10
11 I sent a message about my resignation to -core. I didn't cross-post to
12 -dev simply for the reason that my resignation isn't of much interest
13 regarding Gentoo's development in the big picture. I just checked out
14 amd64's buglist - it's again below 100 entries, so you see, things work
15 well without me.
16
17 I only wrote a short notification to -core/planet because I don't like
18 writing big dramas and more importantly, because the weather was too
19 nice to spend a lot of time in front of the screen at the time.
20
21 As for the theory that my departure was connected to me having to join
22 the army: Maybe. I surely remember the first two weeks being the most
23 stressful ones of my life. On the other hand, the decision to resign was
24 planned long before that, I just didn't have the balls to actually
25 execute said plan before. Also, when I resigned, I wasn't in an
26 emotional state at all. I simply took an objective look at Gentoo and
27 deemed it not worth spending a lot of time to anymore.
28
29 As for the idea of me returning sometime: Sure, why not. Gentoo is still
30 great from a technical point of view, just the dev community isn't all
31 that great. However, I won't be coming back anytime soon. I have to
32 serve the army until end of September (I originally thought it would be
33 mid-August), and immediately after that I will start studying IT. I
34 surely won't have enough (if any) free time until next year.
35
36 Now I'm almost ashamed of the long mail centered entirely around me, but
37 hey, you asked for it :P
38
39 Kind regards,
40