From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] media-libs/ploticus missing keyword
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:46:54
1 Hi, everyone
2
3 I'm sending this question here because media-libs/ploticus is not masked
4 on x86.
5 The whole story:
6 Since I need this package I unmasked it several months ago by:
7 echo media-libs/ploticus >>/etc/portage/package.unmask
8
9 Then I emerged it w/o problem and currently I have
10 media-libs/ploticus-2.32 installed. Yesterday (after a scheduled daily
11 sync) portage started to complain like this:
12 ======
13 emerge -DuN world -pv
14 !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
15 !!! masked or don't exist:
16 media-libs/ploticus
17 ======
18 emerge -pv media-libs/ploticus
19 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "media-libs/ploticus" have been masked.
20 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
21 request:
22 - media-libs/ploticus-2.33 (masked by: missing keyword)
23 - media-libs/ploticus-2.32 (masked by: missing keyword)
24 =====
27 Following "http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-amd64-faq.xml#keyword" I did:
28
29 echo "media-libs/ploticus ~* *" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
32 ..but the result is the same.
35 What should I do in order make portage stop complaining?
38 P.S.
39
40 1) I'm fine with the currently installed version of ploticus and I don't
41 care about the version, since I use the most basic functionality which I
42 expect is included in all the versions.
43
44 2) Catch-22:
45
46 According to the x86 handbook "missing keyword" means the package isn't
47 tested and that's why it is masked. In order to get it unmasked one
48 should send a request to the testing team or test it for them and report
49 the results. Well, no one can test the package because he/she can't
50 install it in the first place because the package is masked.
51
52 ;-)))
55 Best regards,
56 Daniel