From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] cpufreq, cpudyn, and AMD Turion 64
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 00:06:40
Bob Sanders:
> Perhaps you should look at a dynamic scheduling daemon? something > like powernowd - > > * sys-power/powernowd > Latest version available: 0.90 > Latest version installed: 0.90 > Size of downloaded files: 26 kB > Homepage: http://www.deater.net/john/powernowd.html > http://n-dimensional.de/projects/cpufreq/ Description: Daemon to > control the speed and voltage of CPUs License: GPL-2 > > I use it on both my 2P Opteron workstation and my Pentium M laptop.
I'll look at powernowd ASAP, but the conservative governor -- without cpudyn -- looks working fine for now: the cpu frequence is 0.8 ghz when I'm just writing a document or reading e-mail, and 1.8 ghz when I emerge a package, and I can't see any "latency issues". Sergio -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list