From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Promise Raid Card WebPam for EX8350
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:11:33
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > P.V.Anthony posted <434F4078.4080500@×××××××××××.sg>, excerpted below, on
3 > Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:22:00 +0800:
4 >
5 >> Since the WebPAM is a 32-bit appliance, it needs specific 32-bit related
6 >> library or application when you are installing it. Therefore, In Red Hat
7 >> Enterprise Linux 4.0 for x86_64, you should include the package
8 >> "Compatibility Arch Support"
9 >
10 > This would indicate you need 32-bit specific libraries and 32-bit
11 > execution support in your kernel.
12 >
13 > 1) Ensure that you have 32-bit support turned on in your kernel (under
14 > Executable file formats / Emulations, ensure that the IE32 Emulation
15 > option is compiled in, or alternatively, compiled as a module and the
16 > module loaded via modprobe).
17 >
18 > 2) Ensure the various app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-* packages have been
19 > merged. You won't need all of them, but merging them all is likely easier
20 > that figuring out which ones you need and which you don't. (These are
21 > 32-bit binary compatibility libs, so no compiling required -- merges
22 > should go pretty fast.)
23 >
24 > 3) Ensure that you aren't running a no-multilib subprofile, and that gcc,
25 > glibc, and the like, have been compiled with 32-bit support. (You should
26 > have /usr/lib32/libc.so and
27 > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/<version>/32/libstdc++.so, among others)
28 >
29 > For many 32-bit apps, that should do it. It's possible you'll still need
30 > certain 32-bit libs that aren't included in the above compatibility stuff.
31 > You can run ldd <binary.file> to find out what libraries it'll try to load
32 > and see if any are missing.
35 Thank you very much for your advice. I have got it to install and running.
36
37 It uses jetty and I am having problems on jetty now but I will try to solve it.
38
39 Thank you again.
40
41 P.V.Anthony