From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] not amd64 specific - disk failure
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:58:51
1 2007/11/19, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
2 >
3 > Beso,
4 >
5 > thanks for the links, I've already started reading. I've also got a new
6 > drive to copy the recovered data (if any, cross fingers...)
7 >
8 > Most of the resources I've read up to now imply that e.g. /dev/sdc1 is
9 > detected and a 'bad superblock' message displayed when attempting to
10 > mount.
11 >
12 > In my case the kernel is unable to detect /dev/sdc1, after the long list
13 > of read errors below it ends up with only /dev/sdc.
14 >
15 > Does this look like superblock issue, or something worse?
16 >
17 > thanks,
18 >
19 > raffaele
22 try a df /dev/sdc and see if this recognizes something. if it gives you
23 something then you might really have a superblock issue that could be
24 corrected according to this link:
25 http://edseek.com/archives/2004/02/25/ext3-filesystem-bad-superblock-recovery/
26 .
27 if it wouldn't give you valid filesystem outputs, then maybe it's not a
28 superblock issue and it's a bit more complicated to recover from the
29 partition..