From: Vladimir Strycek <vladoportos@×××××××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Something like deyhosts
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:42:10
1 Peter Hoff wrote:
2
3 > ----- Original Message ----
4 > From: Vladimir Strycek <vladoportos@×××××××××××.sk>
5 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
6 > Sent: Sunday, September 3, 2006 9:32:05 PM
7 > Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Something like deyhosts
10 > Does anybody get something like denyhosts to run ? as i looking in logs
11 > there is much bruteforce tries which looks realy scary... I used
12 > denyhosts on debian vhere its works right out of box... but not at
13 > gentoo. I use syslog-ng as loger...
14 > --
15 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
18 > Any reason you can't just put them in /etc/hosts.deny?
19 >
20 > If it's not there by default, create it.
23 > __________ NOD32 1.1737 (20060903) Information __________
24 >
25 > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
26 > http://www.eset.com
27
28 Yes i can but when i noticed it they already done 100 tries (logins)
29 denyhosts put them there after 3 wrong logins and dont let them continue
30 in atack...
31 --
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list