From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wifi adaptor recommendations
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 06:39:23
1 Mark Knecht posted on Sat, 04 Jun 2016 05:07:47 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > I assume at this point you're using stock software that came in the
4 > device?
5
6 On the wifi bridge? Yes.
7
8 But I did notice it had a copy of the GNU GPLv2.0 along with the manual.
9 It's netgear brand, and I think they did have a settlement a few years
10 ago where they promised to comply with the license, and shipping the GPL
11 as part of the documentation does help with that.
12
13 At some point I may google the model number along with the Linux keyword
14 and see if it runs openwrt or similar, and how hard it is to reflash if
15 so. But that's a project for some other day, with its appropriate round
16 tuit. of course. =:^)
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman