From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KISS firewall not working on Gentoo Hardened
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:25:31
1 On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:55 +0200, Sebastian Redl wrote:
2 >
3 > Configuring this is easy enough in IPTables (I did learn them
4 > somewhat,
5 > out of interest, though I've forgotten a lot, too), but it's really,
6 > really easy in shorewall.
7
8 Seconded.. I've used it since 1.x in a variety of situations, and it's
9 always made short work of it. My previous home router had a several page
10 script to setup firewall rules and QOS on a 4 legged router that took me
11 a week or two to get right from pouring over lartc.org. i've done more
12 complex setups in very short time with shorewall. the docs at
13 shorewall.net are great and get simple firewall/routers up in no time,
14 and includes more complex setups such as Tom's Xen setup he uses at
15 home.
18 Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list