From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdesdk-strigi-analyzer won't build
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:10:20
1 2008/9/17 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Beso wrote:
3 >
4 >>>
5 >>
6 >> ok, i was making some confusion. i have strigi installed but not
7 >> nepomuk. strigi has one problem. the old versions (0.5.10) might
8 >> result too old for the kde 4.1.1, but the new version needs the latest
9 >> cmake version (2.6.1) or else it won't build fine. so you should first
10 >> ascertain that cmake 2.6.1 is installed and then try rebuilding
11 >> strigi. strigi is one of the basic components required by
12 >> systemsettings, kdelibs and plasma for the search to work. if you
13 >> still cannot build it, then try adding the following line to your
14 >> /etc/portage/package.mask:
15 >>
16 >> =app-misc/strigi-9999
17 >>
18 >> this will block the strigi live ebuild and try to build kde4 based on
19 >> the old strigi, but i don't guarantee that it will work well with it.
22 > Well, I tried that too. I did have cmake 2.6.1 on here, but didn't know if
23 > strigi had been built with that version or not, so I went ahead and rebuilt
24 > it. I still cannot get the other components (like kdepim-strigi-analyzer)
25 > to build however.
26 >
27 > It's frustrating, but I'll just build all of kde4 that I can now and leave
28 > the rest until that gets fixed.
29 >
30 > I may report the bug though, although will the Gentoo folks even look at it
31 > if it's more an upstream thing from them?
34 the kdepim-strigi-analyzer doesn't exist in my overlay. Maybe the
35 paludis overlay maintainers have decided there's no need for another
36 package that does the strigi bindings for some pacakges (like kdesdk,
37 kdepim and kdemultimedia) . try not building it and see what happens.
38 i doubt it will do something wrong.
41 dott. ing. beso