From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdesu
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:11:46
1 Whenever something is missing, such as kdesu, I try the locate command.
2 The database is normally updated each early morning, so if you have just
3 installed some software, it won't be in the locate database. Just run
4 updatedb as root.
5
6 In this case I would run:
7
8 locate kdesu
9
10 and I get hundreds of files, including:
11
12 /usr/portage/kde-base/kdesu/kdesu-3.5.0.ebuild
13 /export/fedora/usr/bin/kdesu
14
15 So I can see that there is a portage package and I see that it is
16 installed in my Fedora Core 4 partition.
17
18 Locate is very handy.
19
20 Cheers!
21
22 Steve Herber herber@×××××.com work: 206-221-7262
23 Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services home: 425-454-2399
24