From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] problem emerging dvdrip
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:02:25
1 On Friday 17 February 2006 13.32, Martins Steinbergs wrote:
2 >
3 > disable 'gnome' flag for dvdrip, that thingy depends on gtkhtml which
4 > depends on libgnomeprintui and lot more gnome stuf
5
6 Thanks, I had not thought of this one - it worked... somewhat. I have now
7 emerged dvdrip, but it remains stuck scanning for transcode filters....
10 > i have both, mplayer-bin and mplayer installed, no problem here, different
11 > executables and diferent configs
12
13 So I emerged acidrip (and mplayer-64) and it works (I don't know why acidrip
14 is masked, once I have tested it more perhaps it should be removed).
15 "Benchmarks" on StarWars episode 4 (for a 1.4GB avi , 2 pass encoding) show:
16 Double Athlon 1800+ / dvdrip / transcode : over 7 hours
17 Double Opteron 2 GB / dvdrip & transcode 32 bit: around 4 hours
18 Double Opteron 2GB / acidrip / mplayer 64 bit: a little over 2 hours
19
20 > by the way, can you hint how to tell mencoder not to drop duplicate frames?
21
22 Not sure I understand what you want to do correctly, could you explain more?
23
24 > martins
27 Thierry
30 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
31 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
32 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
33 Frank Zappa
34 --
35 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list