From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] LLVM Emerge Conflict
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 02:00:44
1 On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:29:43 -0600
2 Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > llvm < 3.4 is specified for the llvm use flag in mesa.
8 That does explain things.
9
10 Llvm is used for the gallium part of mesa. So won't this require
11 excluding the gallium use flag as well?
12
13 I don't use high-end graphics on my system but I recall that some
14 time ago I had problems with other stuff if I omitted the gallium
15 and llvm use flags on mesa. Otherwise I'd eliminate gallium entirely.
16 At that time, I didn't question the reason because I didn't need to know
17 and I didn't really care as long as everything worked.
18
19 This condition can only be temporary as future releases of mesa
20 will likely use llvm >= 3.4. Since on my system llvm is not used for
21 anything else other than mesa gallum, I'll just leave things as they are.
22
23 Frank Peters