From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Tyan Motherboards
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 05:35:44
1 Jeffrey Gardner <je_fro@g.o> posted 46393F98.1060408@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Wed, 02 May 2007 20:49:12 -0500:
3
4 > Not those specific models, but I've had an S2885 for a long time with no
5 > trouble. Well, I had a PSU go out and it took the mobo and one of the
6 > CPU's with it, but Tyan made good on their warranty. Didn't cost me a
7 > dime. Tyan is very highly recommended in my book.
8
9 Ouch but glad they took care of it. I had a PSU go out recently, but it
10 was designed to "fail safe" and that it did. Didn't fry a thing anywhere
11 except in the PSU itself, but there, in addition to blowing the fuse, it
12 blew the fronts clean-off a couple switching power transisters. The PSU
13 was a Vantec, BTW. I seriously respect it for not killing anything but
14 itself, when it failed that catastrophically inside.
15
16 As you no doubt noted, mine board is an s2885 too, so now I know someone
17 else with one. =8^)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list