From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Clock set to FACTORY warning.
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:44:36
1 On Tuesday 27 February 2007 15:10:21 Martins wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 February 2007 16:54:10 Mark Haney wrote:
3 > > I've got a warning (or error) when I boot up or shot down saying that
4 > > /etc/conf.d/clock is still set to 'Factory'. However, when I look at
5 > > that file it actually set to 'local'. Is anyone else seeing this?
6 >
7 > same here, i think that warning shows when 'local' is set
8
9 No, it comes from some silly logic that says "if I don't have a recognisable
10 timezone set, I'll complain that it's set to Factory, even though it
11 isn't."
12
13 When I started getting this erroneous error message I had to insert this
14 manually in /etc/conf.d/clock:
15
16 # Put in speculatively by PRH after silly error message during boot:
17 TIMEZONE="Europe/London"
18
19 Yes, I did run etc-update, as I do after every emerge that warns of the need
20 to. I thought of raising a bug report, but didn't in the end. Sometimes I
21 wonder at the thought processes whose results I see.
24 Rgds
25 Peter
26 --
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list