From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to play flac files?
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:51:21
1 Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:11:45 +0200
2 "Patric Douhane" <patric@×××××.se>
3
4 > Hi, I've recently installed XMMS and it works fine with .ogg files, but
5 > can't play .flac files. I have "USE" flac in my make.conf. Do I need a
6 > special plugin or codec, or another program perhaps?
10 You should have "media-libs/flac" emerged as a dependency. It
11 provides "/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.so" which is used by xmms
12 as an input plug-in. If you have "media-libs/flac" installed then you
13 should check if "xmms >> Preferences >> Audio I/O Plugins >> Reference
14 FLAC Player" is enabled.
17 P.S.
18
19 It is not polite when someone asks a new question on a thread with
20 different subject. It is called hijacking and happens when "reply" is
21 used instead of "new message".
25 Best regards,
26 Daniel
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list