From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: k3bmonkeyaudioplugin
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 03:49:42
1 Clemente Aguiar <ca-lists@××××××××××××××××.pt> posted
2 1236769288.21472.28.camel@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.pt, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:01:28 +0000:
4
5 > I am trying to emerge media-plugins/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1 from the
6 > sunrise overlay an I get the following error:
7 >
8 > --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY LOG FILE
9 > "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-11234.log"
10 >
11 > open_wr: /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
12 >
13 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 >
15 >>>> Failed to emerge media-plugins/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1, Log file:
16 >
17 > I don't know what to do, can anybody help me with this?
18
19 Take a look at the make.conf manpage, at the descriptions for the
20 userpriv, usersandbox. and sandbox, FEATURES. In general unless you
21 REALLY trust the build script not to have made a mistake somewhere, you
22 want to keep either userpriv or sandbox enabled, just to ensure it isn't
23 creating havoc on your system. However, it's reasonably safe to disable
24 one OR the other (disabling usersandbox of course if you keep userpriv)
25 as long as the other one is enabled. In this case, -usersandbox with
26 userpriv enabled will hopefully work around the issue.
27
28 You should also file a bug, but I'm not sure what the sunrise bug filing
29 procedure is, whether it's supposed to be on Gentoo's bugzilla or if it's
30 handled separately.
31
32 Meanwhile, what's the dates on that lock file? If yours is like mine,
33 they look pretty stale (2004) and it's probably safe to remove it. To be
34 sure, I'd do it without X running, especially KDE and anything else qt3
35 based. That may solve the problem right there.
40 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman