From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to play flac files?
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:57:02
1 On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:11:45 +0200
2 "Patric Douhane" <patric@×××××.se> wrote:
3 > Hi, I've recently installed XMMS and it works fine with .ogg files,
4 > but can't play .flac files. I have "USE" flac in my make.conf. Do I
5 > need a special plugin or codec, or another program perhaps?
8 XMMS can play FLAC files using either the libsndfile or the Reference
9 FLAC Player input plugins; but in my experience, the libsndfile plugin
10 takes precedence, but doesn't work properly. So I disabled the
11 libsndfile plugin, so the Reference FLAC Player plugin will work. In
12 XMMS, open preferences, and on the Audio I/O Plugins tab make sure it
13 lists the Reference FLAC Player plugin, and that the libsndfile plugin
14 is disabled or not listed.
15
16 Good luck,
17 Conway S. Smith