From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mobo recommendations
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:08:05
1 On Monday 17 October 2005 18:10, James Pattinson wrote:
2 > Hi All
3 >
4 > If you have a mobo that you'd recommend for use with gentoo-amd64, could
5 > you please let me know?
6 >
7 > Things I'm looking for that are well supported on Linux
8 >
9 > * SATA 150
10 > * Ethernet (don't like the sound of the forcedeth driver)
11 > * No need for high end GFX
12 >
13 > I'm currently using an Optronix which seems to work well apart from some
14 > APIC issues, if these get sorted out by the manufacturer then I'd be
15 > happy to recomment this board.
18 I am using the Asrock DualSata2
19
20 It has 2 'normal' Sata ports (ULI chipset)
21 1 Sata2 port (JMicron - nobody knows if it is supported)
22 onboard 10/100mbit ethernet, which works with kernels >2.6.14-rc* - and for
23 earlier versions is an opensource driver on the ULI homepage.
24 onboard sound works
25 1xPCIE16x, 1xPCIE1x, 1xAGP8x, 3xPCI.
26 1 Sockel-upgrade-slot, o you do not need to buy a new board with the next
27 socket 'upgrade'
28 2xudma-Pata.
29 1xfloppy
30 Many usb2 port
31
32 Everything is supported by opensource drivers, and it is cheap as dirt. And
33 not too slow either...
34 --
35 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list