From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: how to start strigi?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:03:29
1 Paul Stear posted on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:21:30 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Thanks for your message Cedric,
4 > I do not have "Desktop search" in the advanced tab and I do have the
5 > semantic- desktop USE flag enabled.
6 > I think I will need to reinstall all of kde 4.4.1 and start from
7 > scratch. When I try and emerge -avt kde-meta, it only comes up with :-
8 >
9 > Calculating dependencies... done!
10 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kde-meta-4.4.1 USE="nls semantic-desktop -
11 > accessibility (-aqua) (-kdeprefix)" 0 kB
12 >
13 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
14 >
15 > How do I get all of kde-meta to reinstall? Paul
16
17 You might wish to try emerge's -N (--newuse) flag as well, along with -D
18 (--deep). I use these by default, so all updates remerge anything with
19 new USE flags, and update all the way down the dependency stack.
20
21 Note that this will give you more updates to do (so try -p or -a first),
22 thus it's an option, but it does seem to help keep the bugs away.
23
24 Also, either routinely, or every time you have a bug not resolved
25 elsewise, try running revdep-rebuild, again with the -a or -p first,
26 especially if you don't run it regularly. FWIW, I run it after every
27 update, so not so many rebuilds get a chance to build up.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman