From: Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can not compile gcc
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:17:02
1 I got the same error because I had the noexec option in my fstab file.
2 The option was set on my swap file bus affected my whole system.
3
4 my 2c
5
6 2008/11/14, Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com>:
7 > First of all, I apologies for the HTML formatting. On my fedora, I use
8 > Thunderbird, and have the emails sent in plain text automatically.
9 > Since My system is being UPGRADED to gentoo, I am stuck with the web
10 > interface, and totally forgot the plain text requirement.
11 >
12 > Back again to my problem, I have modified my make.conf to this one:
13 > =======================================================
14 > CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
15 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
16 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
17 > MAKEOPT="-j2"
18 > #FEATURES="ccache"
19 > FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sandbox"
20 > USE="X aac aiglx alsa aoss asf bzip2 cairo dbus dvd emerald fam firefox gif
21 > glitz gnome gstreamer gtk hal java jpeg mad mp3 mp4 new-login nptl
22 > nptlonly nsplugin opengl pdf png samba spell sqlite svg symlink threads
23 > tiff truetype unicode x264 xcomposite xinerama xml xorg xscreensaver xv
24 > xvid -arts -eds -esd -fortran -ipv6 -kde -qt3 -qt4"
25 >
26 > VIDEO_CARDS="NVIDIA"
28 >
29 > And trying the emerge again. I will report the results. I am not stuck
30 > with any 32 bit properiatory softwares, but you never know, I may need
31 > it. I will keep the option of getting rid of the 32 bit as the last
32 > option.
33 >
34 > Thank you.
35 >