From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sddm - any config to not advertise user names?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:48:36
1 On Monday 18 July 2016 16:07:34 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 17 July 2016 15:03:26 Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > > > The push to Plasma 5 had me switch to sddm by default instead of kdm.
5 >
6 > Does
7 >
8 > > > anyone know how to configure sddm to not advertise all user names on the
9 > > > login screen? I.e. - have users type both their user names as well as
10 > > > passwords?
11 > > >
12 > > > Note that there is discussion in the man pages about a file
13 >
14 > /etc/sddm.conf
15 >
16 > > > but it's not installed on my system, I don't see any use flags that
17 >
18 > would
19 >
20 > > > apparently change that and there's no obvious documentation on what I
21 >
22 > think
23 >
24 > > > is the sddm homepage:
25 > > >
26 > > > https://github.com/sddm
27 > > >
28 > > > If sddm cannot be configured this way then are there any other Display
29 > > > Managers that work this way and work well with KDE?
30 > > >
31 > > > Cheers,
32 > > > Mark
33 > >
34 > > AFAICT you just have to select the right theme/design for SDDM. You can
35 >
36 > do
37 >
38 > > that via systemsettings, for example. It seems you want something like
39 > > Circles or Elarun.
40 > >
41 > > HTH
42 > > --
43 > > Marc Joliet
44 >
45 > Thanks Marc. Elarun works and is relatively similar to the older KDM login
46 > as to be familiar. The only weird problem I had was that a mouse double
47 > click doesn't seem to select the whole login name so I have to click in the
48 > box at the end and backspace to get a new name in.
49 >
50 > Circles seems to work also but the 'circles' are so obnoxious! Just not the
51 > theme for me. I sort of liked the circles login box a bit better because it
52 > put the Plasma 5 choice right there. I didn't try breeze or maldives yet
53 > but might just to see what they look like.
54 >
55 > None the less very happy to have all those names and heads gone!
56 >
57 > Cheers,
58 > Mark
59
60 Glad that it worked for you! And in the worst case, you could probably make
61 your own theme ;-) (I remember reading that SDDM designs are in written in
62 QML).
63
64 Cheers
65 --
66 Marc Joliet
67 --
68 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
69 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup