From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xulrunner java problem.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:48:17
1 On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2 > Has anybody else had problems compiling xulrunner-1.9.0.3 ?
3 >
4 > It keeps failing on my system with a Java error. I can't find any
5 > mention of this on bugzilla, or by doing a Google search.
6 >
7 > Is there some way to increase the amount of memory assigned to the
8 > Java VM on a global basis, without needing to fiddle with the ebuild?
9 >
10 > I haven't created a bug report for this yet. I want to make sure it's
11 > not something stuffed up on my system first.
12 >
13 > My system has 2Gb of RAM, and is (of course) running 64 bit on AMD
14 > processors.
17 Well, it turns out it *was* my system. Seems like 2Gb of RAM + 2Gb of
18 swap is just not enough.
19
20 I ran the compile again, and this time got a slightly different error,
21 about being unable to allocate swap.
22
23 After adding another 4Gb of swap, the compile completed successfully.
27 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
28 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
29 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro