From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kde4, xorg, xf86-video-ati/radeon, and multi-panel display
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:38:57
1 2008/11/23 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
2 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2008.11.23.07.23.44@×××.net,
3 > excerpted below, on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 07:23:44 +0000:
4 >
5 >>>> So I scripted up a solution using xrandr, put the entries in my kmenu,
6 >>>> and can use them to switch resolutions. But there's still a problem.
7 >>>> The origin coordinates portion appears to be broken, so when I
8 >>>> downgrade resolution, the viewport is always the upper left portion of
9 >>>> the full size version. There's no mouse panning with randr yet
10 >>>> (that's supposed to be added for xorg-server 1.5.3 or possibly later
11 >>>> if what I read is correct), and with origin coordinates broken at
12 >>>> least on the radeon driver on my hardware, upper left (still stacked
13 >>>> at least, but still just upper left) is all I get, and that's not very
14 >>>> practical.
15 >>>>
16 >>> if you could post the script it would be interesting.
17 >>
18 >> I'll post the script in a separate reply...
19 >
20 > OK, here it is, as a UUEed attachment below the sig, filenamed
21 > "set-display". As I do the list as a newsgroup thru gmane using pan,
22 > which doesn't handle posting attachments, I use a script setup as pan's
23 > external editor to do the encoding and attaching. Unfortunately, that
24 > limits the encoding choices to UUE and "identity" (which means simply
25 > attach it as text). I hope gmane takes small attachments. If not, I'll
26 > retry with it inline.
27 >
28 the script came out well. you just have to selct the part from begin
29 to end, copy it
30 in an external file and then do an uudecode on it. i'm now having a look at it.
31 if you put your fb as a line input for the script it would be more adaptable
32 than is now. but it's a good script. i think i'll attach it over a
33 hotkey. if i manage to
34 have it attached to a hal event it would be even better...
35 thanks for it.
38 dott. ing. beso