From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] SMP
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 19:32:02
1 David,
2 thanks very much.
3 i really got some directiong to follow.
4 Thanks once again.
5 -Mihir.
6
7 On 5/26/06, David Fellows <fellows@×××.ca> wrote:
10 > > Dear Drew,
11 > > I really thank you for giving me this guidence. You are absolutely
12 > right
13 > > i am using
14 > > C as a programming language. I have an AMD 64 dual core system. Is there
15 > an=
16 > > y
17 > > way
18 > > i can take charge of those two processors and command them which thread
19 > > should
20 > > run on which processor??? I am prepared with scheduling mechanism but
21 > only
22 > > thing
23 > > i am lacking is how to take charge and decide that which processor
24 > should
25 > > run which
26 > > thread.
27 >
28 > Googling linux cpu affinity scheduler
29 > will give you many leads. Looks like
30 > emerge schedutils
31 > will be in order too.
32 >
33 > Dave F
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
42 "How can anything be impossible when impossible itself says I M Possible???"
43 Mihir