From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] network services start problems
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:00:42
1 Hi,
2
3 This is a continuation of my previous (and unsolved) problem with the dhcp, which I had to leave out for a while.
4
5 The problem:
6 The output of rc-update:
7
8 nadav nadav # rc-update -s
9 acpid | default
10 alsasound | boot
11 beagled | default
12 bootmisc | boot
13 checkfs | boot
14 checkroot | boot
15 clock | boot
16 consolefont | boot
17 cpudyn | default
18 cupsd | default
19 dhcdbd | default
20 esound | default
21 gpm | default
22 hald | default
23 hostname | boot
24 ivman-user | default
25 keymaps | boot
26 lm_sensors | boot
27 local | default nonetwork
28 localmount | boot
29 modules | boot
30 net.eth0 | default
31 net.lo | boot
32 netmount | default
33 rmnologin | boot
34 samba | default
35 syslog-ng | default
36 urandom | boot
37 usbd | default
38 vixie-cron | default
39 xdm | default
40 xinetd | default
41
42 At the boot I get the following message:
43 * WARNING: samba is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
44
45 After login I have to start the dhcp and smb services manualy and directly
46
47 nadav nadav # dhcpcd eth0
48 nadav nadav # smbd start
49 nadav nadav # nmbd start
50
51 When I try to run manually the init.d scripts I get a strange results:
52 nadav nadav # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
53 * WARNING: net.eth0 has already been started.
54
55 nadav nadav # /etc/init.d/samba start
56 * WARNING: samba is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
57
58 nadav nadav # /etc/init.d/dhcpd start
59 * WARNING: dhcpd is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
60
61 How it could be that net.eth0 started but the samba and dhcp services do no recognize it?
62
63 Nadav