From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How to install multilib'ed version of any library (for real multilib for x86 and x86_64 for every libraries)?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:01:13
1 On 11/14/2009 01:45 PM, Cheng Renquan wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > Furthermore, if compiling any other 32bit program on gentoo-amd64, it may need
4 > other more 32bit of libraries,
5 >
6 > Comparing other linux distros like fedora-x86_64 and debian-amd64, I knew there
7 > is simple way to archive this goal, just install both binutils.x86_64
8 > and binutils.i686
9 > packages, but on gentoo-amd64, how can we do this in a similarly simple way?
10 >
11 > How about add USE multilib support of every package that contains libraries?
12
13 Gentoo doesn't support this yet. Work is underway to enable real
14 multilib support though.