From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:33:00
On 3/9/06, Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 03.45, Mark Knecht wrote: > > Thierry, > > Thanks for the response. I tried the player. It emerged but didn't > > run complaining that I hadn't configured it. With no good instructions > > about to get me through that quickly I've put the idea to bed for now. > > I'll revisit it later if it makes sense. > > > > Thanks much, > > Mark > > I just came accross an article takling about a new program names > "parallels" ( that is supposed to do the same thing as > vmware while being less expensive. > > No ideas as to ebuilds but I'll give it a look - it should be able to run OS/2 > and I'd like to see that. > > Thierry >
Very interesting! For $49 it might be worth a try. Their downloads page for the trial version references a 'Gentoo ebuilds archive'. That's a good sign. (I think...) ;-) Thanks! - Mark -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>