From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mplayer
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:22:44
1 On Thursday 31 August 2006 06:13, "Lorenzo Milesi"
2 <lorenzo.milesi@×××××.com> wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] Mplayer':
3 > Does anyone of you use ~amd64 up up to date and have problems with
4 > mplayer?
5
6 I've masked off
7 =media-libs/x264-svn-20060810
8 =media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre20060810
9 because they caused a downgrade/upgrade cycle in portage (for me) and I
10 haven't had any mplayer issues since then.
11
12 I'm currently using
13 =mplayer-1.0_pre8-r1
14 so this may be relevant; the version I have masked is the latest.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh