From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: USB auto mounting
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:32:53
1 sean posted on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:02:33 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > Well I found the problem, and the fix.
4 >
5 > My kernel config was no longer supporting card readers. Why, I do not
6 > know how, perhaps some upgrade caused it?
7 >
8 > Here is a link too show the options I needed to enable,
9 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/SD_and_MMC_card_readers Just the basic
10 > section was all that was needed. I also added in the Multi USB Card
11 > Readers section as well.
12
13 Thanks for the fix report! =:^)
14
15 SD/MMC cards, I was thinking standard USB thumb-drives. I looked back at
16 your initial post and followups (to this one) and didn't see anything
17 about a sd/mmc card reader, only usb device, and the auto mounting in the
18 title, thus indicating a filesystem, but nothing indicating you meant
19 cards, and I was thinking thumbdrives and portable disks[1]. If you'd
20 mentioned that it was a card reader, perhaps someone could have set you
21 on the right path a bit sooner.
22
23 ---
24 [1] FWIW, I recently found a 1TB/931TiB USB external disk on sale at
25 Fry's Electronics for $80! That's lower than pricewatch.com's listings!
26 I jumped on it and grabbed one, and now have a nice external backup that
27 allowed me to reorganize my quad-spindle 300GB/279GiB per-spindle SATA
28 based md/RAID, a job I just finished a couple days ago. So I have
29 portable USB disks on the brain, ATM. =:^)
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman