From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] nfs mount has now become read-only
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:15:18
1 Hello,
2 My AMD64 desktop machine mounts a directory over the network using
3 NFS. The mount command in fstab on this machine looks like this:
4
5 myth14:/video /video nfs
6 auto,user,rw,_netdev,noatime,hard,tcp,wsize=32768,rsize=8192,nfsvers=3,async
7 0 0
8
9 This has always produced a directory where my wife and I could share
10 files and either of us could read or write them. (With proper file
11 permissions)
12
13 There have been no changes or updates of any kind to the remote
14 machine that has the NFS directory exported. Normal updates have been
15 occurring on my AMD64 machine so presumably the problem is on this
16 machine as none of the remote files are writable anymore. One thing I
17 notice is that on the remote machine there are some directories and
18 files which have user names and some which only have numbers like 501,
19 502, etc.
20
21 Where would I start looking for what's changed?
22
23 Thanks,
24 Mark
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list