From: Rob Lesslie <roblesslie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New ATI proprietary driver
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:07:54
1 > Has anybody tried the new ATI driver? I did the emerge, and everything seemed fine. However, when I go to log in, any keypress or mouse click crashes the entire system. If I switch from the fglrx driver to the open source radeon driver everything works (or at least the things that the xorg driver supports, seems to work). I tried updating qt,kde, and reinstalling xorg 7.1, but all to no avail. I haven't gotten to trudging through the X logs yet, but I figured I'd go fishing for ideas, just in case, someone ran across this as well. Any ideas (sans a lecture about slaveryware from Duncan) would be appreciated.
4 I have had some issues with it, namely when trying to play games.
5 UT2004 segfaults, and cedega reports that the 3d acceleration test
6 fails. Beryl, kiba-dock etc all work as before though. Something odd
7 is going on...
8
9 This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and persuades me
10 to move to the radeon driver - especially if I can get AIGLX instead
11 of XGL.
15 Rob Lesslie
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list