From: Rob Lesslie <roblesslie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: how to track down strange bug
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:30:26
1 My Dad has a PCI Nebula DigiTV card, which gives the following problem
2 in Windows and Linux:
3
4 When using the IDE disk and watching TV, there is no problem. When
5 using either of the SATA disks heavily however, the TV becomes
6 unwatchable and exhibits the symptoms described above.
7
8 I have always but this down to a conflict between the SATA controller
9 and the DigiTV card - possibly and IRQ conflict but don't hold me to
10 that.
11
12 Sorry that I can't provide exact specs for the hardware at the moment
13 (I am at work and I am not quite sad enough to remember all the specs
14 for his machine) but I *THINK* it is a Gigabyte motherboard with both
15 a VIA and a Promise SATA controller. I am not sure which SATA
16 controller gives the problem, but it is only one of them. Machine is
17 a socket 739 AMD64 3000+ with 2 x 512Mb RAM.
20 Rob Lesslie
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list