From: Vincent ETIENNE <ve@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] BOINC
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:00:47
1 Le Lundi 19 Septembre 2005 01:30, Neil Stone a écrit :
2 > Does anyone on this list use BOINC on AMD64 systems ??
3 >
4 > I am trying to use is but getting a mesage about my platform not being
5 > supported...
6 >
7 > Ideas anyone ?
8 >
9 > Neil
10
11 If you use SETI for example that's normal. They don"t compile a seti client
12 for amd64 ( that's why it says unsupported platform ) but you can download
13 a precompiled seti client and chage apps.xml and it will works.
14
15 I use the seti client found at http://www.pperry.f2s.com/ It's "optimized" for
16 amd64 ( or less sub optimized than the one you will usally be able to
17 compile ) for more than one week without problem
18
19 You will also found notes of how to proceed ( but that's pretty simple : just
20 2 files to copy, the binary one and the xml description )
21
22 Vincent
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list