From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] what causes this?
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:49:29
1 On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:33:06 -0700 (PDT), Steve Herber wrote:
2
3 > configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log for
4 > more information.
5 >
6 > !!! ERROR: dev-lang/php-5.1.6-r6 failed.
7
8 > Some of my major packages get this error and I wonder what causes it?
9 > I am not interested in a solution for php, but a guideline to help me
10 > fix any package with this problem.
11
12 The lines before the error should give some clues. The config.log it
13 mentions can be found in $PORT_TMPDIR/dev-lang/php-5.1.6/work in this
14 instance, that should give a more detailed error message.
15
16 This isn't necessarily a single problem for all the affected packages; the
17 configure script carries out a large number of tests, any one of which
18 could have failed.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 KPLA: Warrior's Radio! All the glory, all the time!