From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Slideshow screensaver with multiple monitors
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:09:06
1 Hamie <hamish@××××××××××××××.com> posted
2 200707131759.16023.hamish@××××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Fri, 13
3 Jul 2007 17:59:13 +0100:
4
5 > Has anyone managed to get the screensaver (KDE) when in slideshow with
6 > photos to display a whole photo per monitor, rather than trying to
7 > display a single photo spread out over multiple monitors?
8 >
9 > Other than that it works fine... But since my monitors are different
10 > sizes & dpi it would look a great deal better if each screen had its own
11 > photo (This is running X in either real xinerama, or pseudo xinerama
12 > modes).
13
14 FWIW, while I'm a KDE guy, I don't normally run screensavers. Rather, I
15 have the system put my monitors to sleep. Or sometimes I run amarok or
16 kaffeine with visualizations (on one or both screens, they're 21 and 22
17 inch, so close enough, and both 1600x1200) and don't have them go to
18 sleep. The amarok corona visualization can be quite restful.
19
20 To each his own, of course, but I just never found most screensavers
21 useful or interesting after the novelty wore off, in part due to issues
22 such as the one you mention.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list