From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge kde problems
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 01:02:20
1 The reason it blocks is because you have other packages installed that depend
2 on kde-base/kdebase. For example: kde-base/kdepim and kde-base/kdenetwork
3 These are all part of the monolithic packages.
4
5 First you'll have to make a choice between monolithic (grouped) and segregated
6 (split). Once you've made your choice you should unmerge all kde packages
7 that belong to the type you don't want. You can recognize monolithic packages
8 as they have a "kde-base/<packagename>-meta" replacement which use the split
9 packages.
10