From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge kde problems
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 01:02:20
The reason it blocks is because you have other packages installed that depend
on kde-base/kdebase. For example:  kde-base/kdepim and kde-base/kdenetwork
These are all part of the monolithic packages.

First you'll have to make a choice between monolithic (grouped) and segregated
(split). Once you've made your choice you should unmerge all kde packages
that belong to the type you don't want. You can recognize monolithic packages
as they have a "kde-base/<packagename>-meta" replacement which use the split