From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Identifying CPUs in the kernel
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:51:59
1 On Freitag, 22. Juni 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I'm beginning to think there must be a problem with my motherboard. Can
4 > anyone suggest something else for me to check?
5
6 yes, wait for .22 kernel.
7
8 AFAIR There is a bugfix about scheduling on dual core cpus in the upcoming
9 release.
10 Aside from that, if everything else is more or less spreaded equally, I would
11 suspect BOINC and not the kernel. But you can try different schedulers (Con
12 Kolivas' rsdl or what it is called or Ingo Molnar's cfs - not to confused
13 with with io schedulers) to see if there is a difference.
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list