From: bitlord <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] busybox-1.23.0 not assembling RAID root
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 02:13:25
1 On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:55:30 -0800
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > There was an update to stable busybox this weekend choosing version
6 > 1.23.0 as the new stable version. Since this update, for NEW kernels
7 > only, I'm unable to assemble my RAID6 root device and therefore the
8 > kernel won't boot. Has anyone else had similar problems? I've looked
9 > around for recent posts, etc., but haven't found anything as of yet
10 > but the gatekeeper in the Gentoo Bugzilla environment won't let me
11 > file a bug report.
12 >
13 > At issue here is assembling the root RAID device. I build the
14 > initramfs into the kernel for exactly this sort of reason. Other than
15 > changing a few RAID UUIDs this setup hasn't changed in years. I masked
16 > 1.23.0, went back to 1.21.0 and that still works for new kernel so it
17 > appears to be a busybox issue.
18 >
19 > My configuration follows. initramfs.config is referenced in my
20 > kernel config file which then loads initramfs_init_new.sh to do the
21 > work. The failure is three messages:
22 >
23 > /init: line 16: mount: not found
24 > /init: line 17: mount: not found
25 > /init: line 18: mount: not found
28 No RAID here (LUKS(LVM())), but I have custom initramfs, and I see this
29 problem after update + regenerating initramfs (with new binaries), which
30 in the end produce a kernel panic ... (I don't know much))
31 Older images work fine, I did some "testing" (guessing), and adding
32 before all those mount ... lines
33 '/bin/busybox --install -s'
34 (Which should "install" all symlinks for supported tools?)
35 That generates a lot of other messages but I was able to boot my
36 system with new image.