From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] WTF did I do?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:40:54
1 I come in this morning and do an emerge --sync and an emerge -upD world
2 to see if there are any new packages hanging out there (I'm actually
3 just testing out ViewPortageX in KDE, but that's a whole other story)
4 and I get this message:
5
6 !!! ARCH is not set... Are you missing the '/etc/make.profile' symlink?
7 !!! Is the symlink correct? Is your portage tree complete?
8
9 I did an update to kdelibs yesterday, but haven't done anything with
10 portage since. According to the emerge --pretend there is an update to
11 portage, but I can't get to it because of this message.
12
13 I did double check to see if the make.profile symlink was gone, but it's
14 there.
15
16 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Feb 21 13:29 make.profile ->
17 /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/2007.0/
18
19 So, what the bloody heck did I do?
22 Ita erat quando hic adveni.
23