From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Multiple versions within a single package slot...
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:46:44
1 Hi all,
2 Been awhile since I've posted. I've run into a problem on my AMD64
3 desktop machine as shown below. Since Gnome and cups are both a
4 requirement on my system I'm wondering how to handle this? I don't
5 know what gnome-vfs really does for me so maybe it can be taken out
6 via USE flags? Nor do I know what dbus does.
7
8 What is the best way to go about solving this? Is it really to
9 start masking certain package revisions by hand? Are others having
10 this problem? I don't remember seeing any list traffic on it but maybe
11 I missed it.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Mark
17 lightning ~ # emerge -DuN world
18 Calculating world dependencies -
19 !!! Multiple versions within a single package slot have been
20 !!! pulled into the dependency graph:
21
22 ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/dbus-0.62-r2', 'nomerge') pulled in by
23 ('ebuild', '/', 'gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.16.3', 'nomerge')
24
25 ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2', 'merge') pulled in by
26 ('ebuild', '/', 'net-print/cups-1.2.6', 'nomerge')
27
28 It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
29 prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
30 possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
31 impossible to satisfy simultaneously. If such a conflict exists in the
32 dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can not be
33 installed simultaneously.
34
35 For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
36 or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
37
38 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
39 lightning ~ #