From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] radeon driver problems
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 09:09:48
1 Duncan wrote:
2 >Still directly under graphics:
3 >
4 >Frame buffer Devices
5 >
6 >This is hard-enabled here by options I've set elsewhere.
7 >
8 >*** WARNING, UNINTUITIVE ***
9 >
10 >Do *not* set ATI Radeon display support here, under frame-buffer
11 >devices. On the wiki it's unset, but it's both unintuitive and easy to
12 >miss that it's unset. The radeon-specific framebuffer driver is for UMS,
13
14 Unseting this had no effect, got same error.
15
16 Drake wrote:
17 >my Graphics support section is attached from a 4.6 kernel
18
19 I made my .config as near to yours as possible, I suspect we are on
20 different kernel versions.
21 After that 'startx' works. SDDM/KDE does not work, but thats a
22 different problem.
23 Functioning in X window mode at the moment.
24