From: Daemon Xavier <daemon.xavier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Flash 9?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:34:26
1 On 1/17/07, Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 09:03 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 07:04, Daemon Xavier wrote:
5 > > > Has anyone had luck with this in mozilla-firefox-bin?? I use gnash
6 > right
7 > > > now, since it compiles for 64 bit, it works but not for stuff like
8 > flash
9 > > > 8+ sites. Just want to know what the amd64 community does for flash.
10 >
11 > I don't know about the community, but I use mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1 +
12 > libflashplayer + nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.2, and that combination works
13 > fine for my own needs.
14 >
15 > gnash works sort-of, but not so well as the combination I just
16 > mentioned.
19 > > Personally , I ignore it.
20 > >
21 > > --
22 > > Rgds
23 > > Peter
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > --
27 > Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
28 > Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)
33 Hmm I will give it a try tonight, hopefully i can figure out an install
34 package, i'm too used to just emerge'n things. Will i need to copy any
35 files to the firefox directory? Kinda like when you install flash the howto
36 describes copying lib.so files from the shockwave to firefox.
37
38 Don't tell me that my sentences are run-ons and my grammar sucks, bc i
39 know. But hey im using linux so i'm just better...
42 "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
43 in Australia." Charles Schultz
44 "No penguins were harmed during the writing, just a bunch of broken windows
45 to let them escape..."-xtacocorex