From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 03:02:59
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:28:20 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:

> NVidia release 295.33 last night. It's in portage this morning as > of an hour or two ago. The release notes on NVidia's site don't > specifically say anything about the 3.3 kernel but possibly it will > fix your problems with vanilla-sources? >
The gentoo package changelog for nvidia does mention the problem and refers to bug #408841 at As described in the URL that you provided in response to my original post, the culprit is the location of the generated include files in kernel 3.3.0. A simple patch fixes the problem. With gentoo there are so many places to ask questions -- mailing lists, forums, and bug sites -- that I am not sure know where to go for help first. Frank Peters