From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:59:10
1 Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
2 > On Dienstag 25 August 2009, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
3
4 >> No, because I can't use randr as randr doesn't supports my setup at all.
5 >> I had to deactivate randr-support in catalyst-drivers to get it working.
6 >> With randr only stupid bigscreen is possible. This is the reason why I
7 >> still stick with the closed driver, the open ones only support xrandr.
8 >
9 > hm, latest catalyst do have randr-1.2 support, does that help?
10
11 Yes, it has and I had to deactivate it to get my setup running. Do you
12 really read what I am writing?
13 As I said randr doesn't support two separated displays, only
14 bigscreen-mode. The people programming xorg and randr say that there is
15 no need for the old behavior because nearly everything can be done with
16 randr. Nearly yes but not that what I now have and need.
17
18 > my current collection has ~1700 songs
19
20 maybe it is something here, filename, filetype.
21 I don't know and I don't care what it is as long as it doesn't work.
22
23 > okay, I never used that feature, so I can't say anything about it. I see the
24 > mtp useflag - but again, never used.
25
26 mtp - Enable support for Media Transfer Protocol
27 That is only for devices that uses this protocol, not for generic usb
28 filesystem devices. For those it is needed (in live-builds) to create a
29 hidden file on that device so that amarok can use it.
30
31 >> 3) Not really a mising feature but amarok 2 looks like crap. I like the
32 >> way 1.4 looks and hate that amarok 2 forces me to learn everything new.
33 >> But forcing users to learn new ways to do old things its all that is
34 >> kde4. I hate it if i get forced to do something.
35 >
36 > 'learn everything new'? Collection left, check, Playlist right, check. Play
37 > buttons on top. check. Also you can radically change the look of amarok the
38 > way you want it to look like.
39
40 With amarok 1.4 I have one big playlist window and on the left side the
41 vertical tabs with all the other menues.
42
43 With amarok 2 there are three areas. Maybe it is only me, but that is a
44 fundamentel difference, the whole interface design changed.
45
46 I am a user not a designer. I don't know how to create a new design or
47 whatever needed to make it look and behave like what I had before.