From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: eselect-compiler and multilib toolchain support
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:57:07
1 Jeremy Huddleston posted <1128138531.768.5.camel@×××××××××××××××××.org>,
2 excerpted below, on Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:48:51 -0700:
3
4 > So we're one step closer to getting multilib toolchain to the point
5 > where we can drop ABI and base everything off of CHOST. I just
6 > committed eselect-compiler to portage (in package.mask) which will be
7 > replacing gcc-config. If you'd like to test it out, add the following
8 > to /etc/portage/package.unmask:
9 >
10 > app-admin/eselect-compiler
11 > sys-devel/gcc-config
12
13 Very cool! I've followed the intro on the dev list, but I've been busy
14 and not as bleeding edge lately as normal, so haven't yet merged it as I
15 had no time to manually configure it and trace down errors. Things are
16 getting a bit more sane again, lately, and I'm about caught up, so this
17 looks to be one of my first "new" projects I'll be trying...
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
23 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list